India, with more than a billion telecom users, strong telecom companies, who took telecom services to all parts of the country, at tariffs which are lowest in the world, hardware/software technical services companies, fine academic institutions and R&D organizations engaged in cutting edge research, has the necessary wherewithal to contribute to the field of telecom standards.
Who are we? Telecommunications Standards Development Society, India (TSDSI) came into existence on 7th January 2014 as an outcome of Government of India’s resolve vide the National Telecom Policy (NTP 2012). It is recognized by the Department ofTelecom (DoT), Government of India as the Indian Telecom Standards Development Organization. Our objectives are:
- Developing, promoting and standardizing India- specific Telecom/ICT requirements and solutions
- Taking Indian requirements to global standards organizations
- Creating and Safe- guarding related IPRs
- Helping create standards based manufacturing expertise in the country
- Providing guidance and leadership to developing countries
Our memberships TSDSI Study/Working Groups include representatives of DoT/Telecom Engineering Centre (TEC)/Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY).
TSDSI Governing Council has representatives elected by the member organizations from Industry, Academia, R&D & nominees from the Govt.
- Telecom operators & VAS providers
- R&D/ Test Labs
- Develop new standards to support India specific Telecom/ICT requirements based on research and innovation in India.
- Distil new items for standardisation after analysing prevalent global standards for applicability to Indian requirements.
- Coordinate, contribute and work with global SDOs. Facilitate representation of Indian needs in global industry-driven bodies such as 3GPP, oneM2M etc. and ensure that home-grown technologies become part of international standards.
- Follow a consensus based approach, enforcing a methodical and transparent, open-to-all-members (Industry, Government and Academia) process while generating standards. Adhere to the principles of Openness, Transparency, Fairness, Consensus and due Process in conducting its activities.
- Maintain technology neutrality and provide a uniform playing field for its members.
- Represent the views of its membership to DoT and other Government bodies on matters concerning policy, regulatory and standardization issues in the field of telecom.
- ATIS, US
- ETSI, Europe
- TTA, KOREA
- ARIB, TTC, Japan
- CCSA, China
TSDSI is a constituent SDO of Global Standards Collaboration (GSC) – a voluntary forum of the world’s leading information and communication technologies standards organizations (SDOs).
TSDSI is the Organizational Partner of 3GPP. This entitles TSDSI members to become Individual Members of 3GPP through TSDSI and take their IPR into the global arena. This also enables them to contribute in the development upcoming standards such as 5G.
TSDSI is Partner Type I of oneM2M, one the leading forums driving M2M service layer standards. This entitles TSDSI member organizations to become Individual Members of oneM2M and contribute to standards development in M2M space.
Technical standardization activities are carried out through Study Groups (SG) and Working Groups (WG). Currently we have the following SG/WGs:
- Radio Network Evolution & Spectrum
- Core Networks
- India Languages
- Optical Access & Transport
- Energy Efficiency
Issues currently being studied include 5G & related technologies (mmwave, massive MIMO, new waveform techniques), NFV/SDN, 4G evolution, dynamic RAN, embedded SIM, spectrum issues, security and energy efficiency, support for Indian languages on devices (user terminals, mobile network equipment & applications)
TSDSI has initiated a multi-year cooperation project with European Union focussing on the areas of 5G, NFV/SDN and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
The details of various technical activities can be viewed on TSDSI website at tsdsi.org/standards.
An organization can join TSDSI as a Corporate member or as an Associate member.
CORPORATE :Eligible entities
Entities registered in India, viz., Manufacturing Companies, Research and Development Centres, Network and Terminal Vendors, Network Operators, Service Providers, Regulatory Bodies, Government Departments /Bodies, Academic Institutions
Privileges: Voting rights in decision making and hold office bearing positions
Showcase their innovations and IP
Contribute to and Influence standards at national and international levels (including 3GPP and oneM2M)
ASSOCIATE: Associations of Stakeholders, Foreign entities
CONTRIBUTE TO standardization activities
For membership details refer to our website. Our IPR Policy document is available at http://tsdsi.org/standards/ document/tsdsi-ipr-policy
Secretariat office: TSDSI, 635-636, 6th Floor, Tower A, Spaze I-Tech Park, Sector 49, Gurgaon 122002, Haryana, India.
Our Partners - India m2m + iot Forum 2016
- ABI Research
- Asia Hardware Battelfield 2016
- Automotive Cockpit HMI USA 2016
- Automotive Embedded System Development & Integration 2016
- Beecham Research
- Berg Insight
- Briston Technomach Pvt. Ltd.
- Business with India
- Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT)
- Centre of Excellence in Wireless Technology (CEWiT)
- Circuit Cellar
- Communique 15
- Compare the Cloud.net
- Complying with the GDPR: International Data Protection and Privacy Excellence Forum
- Connected Vehicle Trade Association
- Convergence Plus
- Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Limited
- Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India
- Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India
- Developing Telecoms
- Driverless Technologies Insurance North America 2016
- Enterprise Innovation
- FTTH Council Asia-Pacific
- Global IOT Conclave
- Global Summit on Smart, Secure & Sustainable Cities
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- ICT Technology Network Institute
- IEC Group of Institutions
- India Electronics & Semiconductor Association (IESA)
- India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF)
- Indian Institutes of Technology, Delhi
- Industrial IoT USA Summit 2016, Chicago, USA
- Infosecurity Magazine
- Innovability S.r.l.
- IOT Insights
- Juniper Research
- Juniper Research
- Karunya University
- M2M Asia Pacific
- Mind Commerce
- Mobile World Congress Shanghai
- MVNOs World Congress
- Navigant Research
- One Internet
- Parks Associates
- Power Week 2016
- RE news india
- Salaam Bharat
- Sensors Expo & Conference
- Smart Building Automation Summit 2016
- Smart City Landscape
- Smart Summit Frankfurt
- Society for Geo-informatics and Sustainable Development (SGSD)
- Sustainability Outlook
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)
- Tech in Asia
- Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC)
- Telecom Centres of Excellence
- Telecom Centres of Excellence
- Telecom Equipment and Services Export Promotion Council (TEPC)
- Telecommunication Engineering Center
- Telecommunications Consultants India Ltd.(TCIL)
- Teramatrix Technologies
- The Device Management Forum (DMF)
- The IoT Show Asia 2016, Singapore
- The Mesh
- The Power Times
- The School of Planning and Architecture (SPA)
- Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA)
- TSDSI (Telecommunications Standards Development Society, India)